Tomkiel & Tomkiel, from law offices in Scarsdale and Manhattan, represents people in personal injury and wrongful death cases stemming from incidents such as:
Construction accidents: Construction crews put their lives on the front lines of "progress" every day, often laboring in risky and dangerous conditions. Many pieces of workplace equipment are customized for specific businesses, making cases involving defects particularly unique. Our law firm has the experience to handle one-of-a-kind defective product cases.
- Crane accidents: New York City has been the scene of several dramatic crane accidents in recent years. Whether your crane accident made the news or not, learn how Tomkiel & Tomkiel, can help you pursue maximum compensation for an injury or a family member's death at a construction site.
- Falling objects: Injured passersby as well as construction workers should get top-notch legal advice after an injury caused by a falling object at a construction site.
- Scaffolding falls and ladder falls: New York's Labor Law 240 holds property owners and general contractors responsible for compensation of workers injured in falls from scaffolds and ladders. Recent changes in the law have also held workers partially responsible in some cases. An experienced construction accident law firm can help protect a worker injured in a scaffolding or ladder fall.
- Failure to warn: If a manufacturer or other third party failed to warn a construction worker of hazards and necessary safety precautions, there may be cause for a third-party liability claim after an accidental injury.
Workers' compensation: A prompt workers' compensation claim after an on-the-job injury should get underway as soon as possible after a serious workplace accident. Our injury lawyers help ensure that injured workers begin receiving payouts as soon as they are eligible.
- Workers' comp benefits: Clients of Tomkiel & Tomkiel, can rest assured that our law firm will keep them fully informed, educated and well represented in the area of workers' compensation benefits. Go to this page for an introduction to some of the basics about benefits you may be entitled to after a workplace accident.
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian, bus and taxi accidents
- Premises liability and product liability cases
- Fatal injury leading to wrongful death claims
- Severe Injuries including brain, neck, or spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home injuries: Regardless of the prior state of health of your loved one who suffered harm in a nursing home, you should know that bed sores are not normal or inevitable. These and other calamities that often take place in long-term care facilities are nearly always direct results of negligence. Medical malpractice may be a factor in a nursing facility's failure to diagnose or treat decubitus ulcers, dehydration or malnutrition. Inadequate staffing or inadequate safety precautions are often clear signs of the care problems in a nursing home.
- Social Security benefits: If a serious injury or medical condition will keep you from working for a year or more, you may be entitled to Social Security Disability Insurance benefits. Advising our clients and representing them in appeals is part of our comprehensive injury law practice.
Serving Westchester County and Manhattan · Automobile Accident Lawyers
To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our New York City injury lawyers after a motor vehicle accident, workplace injury or construction accident, call or e-mail Tomkiel & Tomkiel. One of our attorneys pledges to respond promptly.